Winston Churchill

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Winston Churchill

Monday, March 14, 2011

Mara Serena

Good morning from Kenya! I have just returned from the Serengeti, yes never in a million years would I have imagined myself saying those words. Not sure if it's spelled right though! We left for the Masi Mara on Saturday and spent 3 days driving around looking for wild animals. And we found them, lots of them. They call it the Big 5: Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo and Leopard. We were successful in seeing all but the Leopard. The land is amazing, so flat and hot. You can see for miles. I know this doesn't mean much becasue you can't see the picturs but it's very hard here to download stuff. The computers at the University aren't very good and the one I'm on know isn't very big. But regarless, the trip was amazing. We seen Giraffes, Gazells, Hyena' s, Impala's, worthogs, Cheeta's, Topi's, Waterbucks, African Buffalo's, Zera's, Crocodiles, Hippo's , Black Mamba and various birds. Hopfully I can get pictures downloaded tonight.
All in all it was an amazing trip, something I will never forget. We were even able to go to a working Masi village and barter with the women for thier goods, something I'm quit good at. So, I will write more tonight.  Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment