Winston Churchill

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Winston Churchill

Monday, March 7, 2011

Tired, that about sums it up!

Well, I'm in Africa. What an amazing part of the world!! This will be short but I'm going to try and post everynight, my time! So far I've come to realize I hate international flying, there needs to be a better way to get here, 16 hours  in the air is way too long. I've also come to find out that Canadians have alot to learn about 'life'. I'll expand later! I have however kissed a girafe, photo will follow, I have eaten meat that I don't want to know what it was, and I have seen some of the most beautiful landscape money 'can't' buy. I have lots of photo's and video but I am so tired I have to go to bed!! But just so you know, we have $6000 in cash to use on a local school, Masiland: local tibal people feeding program, and on the costal regian of Kenya. Six grand might not sound like much but here it's like a million dollars. Tomorrow we are going to a school to fix a kitchen, build a chicken (coocoo) coop and do medical assesment on the children. I will give you updates tomorrow. Until then have a good afternooon, I'm going to bed!!!
PS if you see my kids give them the biggest hug, I won't go anywhere like this again without them.

2 comments:

  1. i am so excited to follow your journey ange:):) gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ange, I can only imagine what the view is like and I can't believe that you have already kissed a giraffe.Love you , Mom

    ReplyDelete